Sunday 29 May 2011

Review: Essence My Skin Refreshing Toner

Hey everyone,
today I have a review about a skincare product I've been trying out for a few weeks now. It's the Refreshing Toner Lychee & Blue Grape by the new Essence skincare line called My Skin.
Here is the review:

Information:
  • is supposed to be "softly clarifying and moisturizing"
  • is made for all skin types
  • contains 200 ml/ 6.7.6 fl.oz.
  • costs 1,95 Euros at most drugstores
when you soak a cotton pad with it, it's not visible
Positives:
  • fresh and fruity scent
  • price
  • alcohol isn't among the first few ingredients, so it's not too drying out
  • cleanses the skin nicely
  • you don't need a lot of product, it'll last you a long time
  • has an easy-to-use opening thingie that has the right size so you don't get too much product out
Negatives:
  • isn't moisturizing on my skin
  • leaves a tight feeling on your skin after you use it 
  • caused me a few little breakouts
  • didn't improve my skin in any way, it basically stayed the same
So this is what I think about it. After all, I can say that it's not a bad product, and if you look for an inexpensive toner that smells great but doesn't make much of a difference, give it a try.
But if you expect huge results, better leave it at the store. It didn't work for my skin, so I probably won't use it regularly, but I still don't regret trying it out, because sometimes it's nice and refreshing.
the ingredients for those of you who are interested in that
Please keep in mind that every skin is different, and what doesn't work for me might still work for you, you never know.
Did anyone try this out, too?
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe that I don´t use any toner? Not sure if I am right or wrong, but so far I think I don´t need it. I bought many things of My Skin line, soooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: I don't think that's a problem, I don't use mine regularly either :)
    that's cool, I just saw them in your Berlin haul :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.