Sunday 7 August 2011

Review: Manhattan Loves Sexy Plexi - Lipstick in 57N

Hello guys!
I already showed you this lipstick in my Spotted post *click* for this Manhattan collection, called Sexy Plexi. Now I have the review about it!

Information:

  • part of the Sexy Plexi LE
  • available at most drugstores that sell Manhattan stuff
  • costs 3,95 Euros
  • comes in a chunky, clear and silver plastic packaging
  • the color's a vibrant cool-toned pink
  • it doesn't contain any shimmer or glitter, but is too shiny to be called matte
Positives:
  • price is okay
  • easy to apply, it really glides on
  • nice fun color
  • the finish's great
  • you can layer it and wear it from really light to really dark
  • it's slightly moisturizing
applied sort of heavily
applied really lighly
Negatives:
  • due to the "glide-y" finish, the wear's not too great, it last about 2 hours on me
  • it fades when you eat or drink something
  • it's limited
I compared it to the similar colors I have here, and it's really not a dupe for any other lipstick I own! On the picture you can see it next to Catrice's Ocean Sunrise from last year's Oceana Collection, and Alterra's Coral Lipstick which I already showed you here *click*. The one by Manhattan is way cooler than the others.
I really like this lipstick! It's a nice color, and I love love love the fact that you can wear it however intense you like it :) It's become my every-day lipstick!
Did anyone get it, too?
I'll see you later!
xoxo, Misch

3 comments:

  1. The colour is great. You can improve the duration applying a lip pencil before (over all the lips) or with a little bit of make up base before too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have that one from The Oceana ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Salander: thanks for the advice, i'll try it with a base or something :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.