Tuesday 20 September 2011

NOTD September 20th: Lilac Franken

Hi there!
So today I want to show you another franken of mine, a lilac polish! Here *click* I already showed you my first franken.
So, to tell you the idea behind this: I wanted to create my version of Purple Rain. The color I think of when I hear that name, I mean. So I started mixing blues, purples and grays together, and after a while this one came out. Now this is totally not the color I think of as Purple Rain, but I loved it nonetheless, and stopped mixing there. Maybe some day I'll be able to make my version of Purple Rain ;)
Now this color, which doesn't have a name (any ideas?!) is a blue-toned purple with a bit of gray in it. In real life it's a bit more gray, on the pictures it looks too purple. It has a secret shimmer, but it's not too apparent, so in most lights it'll look like a creme.
The main colors in this polish are clear (Essence Color&Go in Absolute Pure), a pale violet (OPI - Do You Lilac It? *click*), a very blue purple (Catrice - Up In The Air *click*) and a gray (Essence 50's Girls Reloaded LE - You're A Heartbreaker *click*). I mainly used the gray for the shimmer. I also added a few drops of other colors, but I can't really remember them, sorry.
Do you like this polish?
I'll see you guys soon!
xoxo, Misch

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, very nice. I don't know the colour you were going for but definitely like what you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @marox: thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see it like a mix of Blue, Grey and Purple. Very nice for Autum. You could name it Purple Fall ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Salander: thank you, that's a great name for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.