Tuesday 27 March 2012

NOTD March 27th: OPI - Houston We Have A Purple + Essence Party All Night Long Jelly-Flakie-Sandwich

Hey guys!
I told you yesterday that I had a layering idea for Essence's Shopping Trip In Soho (Party All Night Long), and here it is: a jelly flakie sandwich! The colored base of Party All Night Long is just a perfect match for OPI Houston We Have A Purple. And that combination is perfect for a sandwich!
For those of you who don't know, a sandwich is when you apply a coat or two of a jelly, and then a glitter/flakie polish, and on top again one coat of the jelly. That way the glitter/flakies are like in a sandwich, between the jelly coats.
For this mani I started off with 2 coats of Houston We Have A Purple, and then did one of Party All Night Long. I topped it off with one more coat of Houston We Have A Purple. It applied nicely, mainly because of the squishy consistency of both polishes.
Remember back in summer when I already wore Houston We Have A Purple? *Click*. Back then I didn't like it at all because I always had visible nail line and stuff. But now I'm in love with it, it's awesome! It looks so fun and juicy and with the hint of flakies in it, it's just gorgeous! The flakies aren't that apparent, but in direct lighting you can definitely tell them! My camera kinda swallowed the look of them, in real life it's even prettier :D
What do you think of this layering, and sandwiches in general?
xoxo, Misch

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.