Monday 9 July 2012

Book Review: Sophie Kinsella - The Undomestic Goddess

Hi there!
Today I want to review a book I read a couple of weeks ago, The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella.
This book is basically about the lawyer Samantha, who is pretty much a workaholic. But when she makes one single mistake, her whole career is destroyed and she just leaves. She finds herself in a little town and before she even knows it, she's offered the job as a housekeeper. Problem is, she has no idea how to cook and work around the house. She has to deal with a lot of things in her new life, and also with her past.
I really liked reading this book, it's a simple pleasure read, and you get addicted to it. It's always that way for me with Sophie Kinsella books! I like the story, it's nothing extraordinary or super new, but it's a nicely thought-out plot with great characters.
I think it was really fun to read, and but of course there were the occasional parts I didn't like. In the end I think it was a little too much of being torn between two options, and always choosing one, then the other again. That got a tiny bit repetitive. But on the other hand it makes it a little more thrilling because you really want to know the truth and what she actually decides on!
It's of course a love story, but it's really not the one dominant topic of the book, other ones are just as important.
I'd really recommend this book to anyone who likes to read Sophie Kinsella books, I'm quite sure you'll enjoy this one! It's super fun and cute, and I enjoyed it :)
Did anyone of you read it?
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. Actually two or three months I found this book in my mom's pile and because there was nothing else interesting I started reading. It pulls you in but I'm not a big fan of romantic stories and this one also left me cold, I guess I'm more into detective stories ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you, one definitely has to like that type of book to enjoy it :D

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.