Wednesday 20 February 2013

Spotted: Essence Oz The Great And Powerful LE

Hey everyone!
Today I have Essence's new LE to share with you, called Oz The Great And Powerful, for which they teamed up with Disney. This LE comes just in time for the movie launch of Oz The Great And Powerful, which I'm looking forward to!
This LE contains 3 eyeshadows, 2 pencil eyeliners, 2 lip balms, 1 blush, 1 highlighting powder, 5 nail polishes and 1 necklace. All products can be seen here *click*.
The eyeshadows come in the shades torquoise, light blue and coral, and they're all very shimmery. Pigmentation seemed to be great!
The pencil eyeliners are green and purple, great for summer and spring looks for sure!
The lip balms are supposed to change color when applied to your lips, in the packaging they look red and pink. Don't think they're very pigmented. They have a very sweet scent, similar to the one of the Hugs & Kisses LE Lip Scrub.
The blush is called cream blush, but it's actually a liquid blush in a bottle with a pump dispenser. It's a coral shade and contains golden shimmer particles. At first I really liked it, but it isn't really that pigmented and the shimmer particles are quite big, so I left it at the store.
The highlighting powder is just gorgeous. Not necessarily because of the color, but because of the print. On it's own it's a light tan shade with a tiny bit of a shimmer, nothing extraordinary. The writing on it, however, is stunning, that's why I bought it. It was super hard to get myself to swatch it! Sorry you can't tell so much with the swatch, but it's a pretty good match for my skin tone. I'd rather recommend this one for a bit darker skin tones. It's called 01 Oz The Great And Powderful (don't you just love that?!) and was 3,25 Euros.
The nail polishes are all crackle nail polishes, which is why I didn't get any. Shades are great for people who like to experiment with them :)
Last  but not least, the necklace. It's a green jewel on a black ribbon. Not my style.

After all, I think this is quite a cute LE, matching for Oz. It didn't fully convince me, but it was nice to look at.
What do you think of it?
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. I expected so much more from this collection. Colors of polishes are so pretty, I don't get it, why they have to be crackle NP, crackles are already passe. I probably won't get anything from this TE, I'll wait for new Catrice polishes, they look more interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! that's what I thought, too, when I saw that they were crackle polishes!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I'm a freak when it comes to blushes, bronzers, highlighters... Love the design of this one as well! And even if I'm pale, I will surely buy it, if this TE comes here <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know how you like it when you get it :)

      Delete
  3. I understand it was difficult to put the finger in ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.