Saturday 16 March 2013

Spotted: Essence Sun Kissed LE

Hey there!
Today I'd like to talk about Essence's current LE, called Sun Kissed. Even though we only have March, this is a summer LE.
It contains 3 cream eyeshadows, 2 waterproof eye pencils, 2 lipsticks, 2 cheek tints, 1 shimmer powder, 4 nail polishes, 1 shimmer spray and self-tanning wipes. All promo pics can be seen here *click*.
The cream eyeshadows are all shimmery and come in the shades golden, bright blue, and a brownish cranberry. They're all pretty, and pigmentation seemed to be good. I just feared I wouldn't use them often enough, so I left them at the store.
The waterproof eye pencils come in the shades blue and orange, surely fun, but not my shades.
The lipsticks are a deep wine and a bright orange, and they're supposed to be semi-sheer. Didn't like the colors too much.
The cheek tints are very dark shades, and very red-toned. I tried them at the store, and a tiny bit tinted my skin already so much, I was seriously scared! So I didn't get them, although the shades are pretty, because with my light skin tone I fear it would be hard to pull off.
The shimmer powder looks good, but for me the main golden part was too shimmery.
The nail polishes are all fun shades which work great with the colors of the other products, but they weren't all that interesting to me.
The shimmer spray and the self-tanning wipes are products I wouldn't try, can't tell you anything about them.

After all, this is a nice LE with a great theme. I enjoyed looking at it, but I didn't feel the need to own anything. And isn't it a little early for a summer LE?
What do you think of it?
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. I thought about you yesterday when I went to a blogger and press event in Spain for Essence and Catrice :-) This LE was there, so vibrant colours for the summer in March! hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.