Tuesday 16 July 2013

Book Review: Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Hey there!
Today I'd like to review a book I recently read, the first novel in a whole series written by George R.R. Martin.
This book plays in a fictional world with kings and castles and lots of powerplay, which makes for a rather medieval touch. It does not have a historical background, however!
The book is told from a third-person-narrator's perspective, and it switches between the numerous characters that play important roles. Therefore the reader gets to know different backgrounds and events that some characters don't know about.
It is very interesting to read because it's full of suspense and at a certain point definitely makes you want to learn more about everything.
I found it a bit difficult at first, however, because the story just starts and you have no idea what all of these weird names and things are. But you can easily work it all out by just continuing to read it.
I think that you kind of have to like this type of book. I'm never sure whether I like stories about 12-year-olds being married to old men, lots of slaughter and powerplay. But I did quite enjoy this one, and I'm sure that I'll read the sequels!
Has anyone of you read this one? Or maybe seen the TV show?
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. I've read all 5 books and watched TV show. I adore, adore GOT. Cab't wait to read the next book to see, what it happens in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how cool that you like it so much! I'll definitely continue reading it!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.